Needs Assistance Program
Our Needs Assistance Program is designed to help individuals living within the Wilmore and High Bridge communities 40390 zip code. The program helps those in financial need with:
- Utility Payments: Water, Gas, or Electric
- Housing and Rental Payments
- Clothing: Related to fire, flood, or unexpected relocation
NOTE: At times the CSC may be limited in our ability to assist with bill payments due to our program funding budget. In response to these limitations, we provide referrals to other resources within the Wilmore, Jessamine Country, and Lexington area. However, we encourage individuals to use our other programs (Thrift Shop and Food Distribution) as needed. For other information on needs assistance within Jessamine County, please feel free to call 211 from any phone.
Food Pantry Program
The CSC Food Pantry program is designed to meet the needs of those in the 40390 area that are in need of food assistance. According to national data, around 13-17 million children struggle financially with hunger on a daily basis. We know that in our community nearly 44% of the children receive free or reduced-price school lunches because of financial needs at home. Many of these children and their families rely on the assistance provided through the Wilmore/High Bridge food pantry.
Food Pantry Distribution Schedule and Locations:
- Every Tuesday and Friday from 10:15 – 11:00 a.m. at the side window of the CSC Thrift Shop.
- The last Saturday of each month in the basement of the Wilmore Presbyterian Church: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. (exceptions: November and December, it is the Saturday before the holiday). At the same time the CSC distributes food, the Wilmore Presbyterian Church distributes personal hygiene items and household cleaning supplies. This is a valued partnership!
Sales from the Thrift Shop contribute funds for the Needs Assistance and Food Pantry ministries. So, when you shop at CSC Thrift Shop, you are helping the community.
Monday: 9am – 3 pm
Tuesday: noon – 4 pm
Wednesday and Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 9am – 3 pm
Credit & Debit Cards Accepted | Contact Information: 859.858.0010
Our largest department within the CSC Thrift Shop is clothing. We have approximately 3,500 square feet of bargains. Our children’s clothing area is a great place to shop for back-to-school apparel, summer play clothes, or winter wear.
The Book Room is well stocked with paperbacks, textbooks, and children’s books. There is a large turnover of books at the Thrift Shop, so gently used book donations are welcomed.
You name it and you will probably find it in the household section. Our household section includes everything from drapes, bedspreads, end tables, desks, lamps, etc. Prices vary by size and condition but are often priced from $1.00 to $5.00.