When you shop at CSC Thrift Shop, you are helping the community. How? The sales from the Thrift Shop contribute toward the funds used for the Needs Assistance and Food Pantry ministries.
Our largest department is clothing. Clothing is displayed for ease of shopping. We have approximately 3,500 square feet of bargains. Our children’s clothing area is a great place to shop for back-to-school apparel, summer play clothes, or winter wear. Adult tops and bottoms are priced at $2.00. Adult shoes are $2.00. Children’s clothing and shoes are priced at $.50 to $1.00.
The Book Nook is well stocked with paperbacks, textbooks, children’s books, and books on various topics. There is a large turnover of books at the Thrift Shop. Gently used book donations are most welcome.
Books sell for $.50 every day the Thrift Shop is open.
You name it and you will probably find it in the household section. We have a good selection of drapes and bedspreads, if we can get them on the shelves before they are purchased. Household items are priced from $1.00 to $5.00. We often get small furniture items such as end tables, lamps and lamp shades, book shelves, desks, file cabinets etc. (Prices vary by condition and size.) Our inventory is dependent upon what has been donated by our faithful customers/supporters!
Credit / Debit Cards Accepted.
Contact Information: 859.858.0010
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday: 9am – 3 pm, Closed Tuesday and Friday
Food Pantry Program
The CSC Food Pantry program is designed to meet the needs of those in the 40390 area that are in need of food assistance. According to national data, around 13-17 million children struggle financially with hunger on a daily basis. We know in our community that nearly 44% of the children are on free or reduced lunches because of home needs. Many of these children and their families rely in the assistance provided through the Wilmore/High Bridge food pantry to support other meals.
- Last Saturday of each month for eligible 40390 individuals and families (exceptions: November and December, it is the Saturday before the holiday)
- The food distribution takes place in the basement of the Wilmore Presbyterian Church located at 100 North Lexington Ave.
- At the same time the CSC distributes food, the Wilmore Presbyterian Church distributes personal hygiene items, as well as household cleaning supplies. This is a valued partnership!
- Weekly on Tuesday and Friday at 10:15 until noon, food is distributed at the side window of the CSC Thrift Shop.
Needs Assistance Program
Our Needs Assistance Program is designed to help individuals within the Wilmore and High Bridge communities 40390 zip code.
- Utility Payments: Water, Gas, or Electric
- Housing and Rental Payments
- Clothing: Related to fire, flood, or unexpected relocation
- NOTE: we may be limited in our ability to assist with bill payments based upon budget. We do set limits on financial assistance! However, we also encourage individuals to use our other programs (Thrift Shop and Food Distribution) as needed! We also provide referrals to other resources within the Wilmore, Jessamine, and Lexington area.
- For other information on needs assistance within Jessamine County, please feel free to call 211 from any phone.